The Epilepsy Warriors Foundation Mission Statement
To empower. To thrive. To prevent, control and cure!
The Objectives and Goals for The Epilepsy Warriors Foundation are:
- Facilitating the raising of funds, to be distributed to select hospitals and centers performing research on Epilepsy and SUDEP to further the search for the cure. The Epilepsy Warriors Foundation has chosen to donate funds raised and or donated for help in the opening of an Epilepsy Resource Center at Galisano Children’s Hospital if Southwest Florida in Fort Myers, FL to University of IL Comer Children’s Hospital in Chicago, IL and to help in providing additional resources for Epilepsy in the Health and Learning center of Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, to help families within the local communities that are in need.
- Help and assist those in the local communities in need of finding a Service Dog, Supply Helmets to Children and families in need.
- Raising awareness about Epilepsy and SUDEP on the local, national, and international levels and among lay professional and legislative societies alike
- Educating students and teachers about Epilepsy, with an emphasis not on FEAR of the disorder, but the proper care and management needed for living well in spite of Epilepsy
- Assisting in the education of community members, caregivers, and loved ones as to the appropriate steps needed to care for someone having a seizure
- Working with local hospitals, neurologists, practitioners and clinics to provide patient education and awareness about Epilepsy and SUDEP risks
- Providing a community-based forum in which patients, professionals and loved ones concerned with the disorder can become proactive and involved in advocacy and the search for a cure
- Working with representatives within the Med/Pharma Industry not only to ensure community access to Patient Assistance Programs, but also to influence the strategic direction of pipeline products and technology related to the disorder.
- Providing Resources outreach and much more to help parents and families within the Epilepsy community. The Epilepsy Warriors Foundation has formed a community support group in Fort Myers and hopes to do others in the future in the surrounding areas of Southwest Florida for parents, adults, teens, and children living with Epilepsy as well as their caregivers. We are planning to form groups in Chicago and Texas as well as other communities as a long term goal and also in the UK to further ensure that there is support for parents globally as it is so greatly needed thanks to our being able to utilize social media.
The Epilepsy Warriors Foundation feels it is important to reach out to as many people and companies as possible to help raise awareness for a devastating disease one that has claimed so many of our children and young people. We hope that you will join us in our efforts to improve the quality of life for those afflicted with and by this complicated disorder. NO family should have to bury a child.